Analysis of cultural group and the socio-cultural group
PowerPoint presentation (APA style) Minimum of 16 slides.
Preparation for the presentation will include synthesizing the information from assigned readings, the scientific literature, Internet resources, and other sources. Students will provide a minimum of 5 references.
The presentation will address the following:
• A brief history of the cultural/socio-cultural group
• Language and communication patterns
• Art and other expressive forms
• Norms and rules
• Lifestyle characteristics
• Relationship patterns
• Common rituals
• Degree of assimilation or marginalization from mainstream society
• Health behaviors and practices.
Topic: Hispanic & Latino Americans / cuban heritage
May include pictures, symbols, etc that represent that culture (cuban heritage)
The presentation must include a comparative and contrast analysis of common characteristics and distinguishing traits between the cultural group and the socio-cultural group. As well as a brief explanation of differential approaches needed by health care professionals.