Blood Disorders: Anemia Essay
Discussion – Week 7
Blood Disorders: Anemia: In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia. Consider the case of a 17-year-old girl who is rushed to the emergency room after suddenly fainting. The girl’s mother reports that her daughter has had difficulty concentrating for the past week, frequently becomes dizzy, and has not been eating normally due to digestion problems. The mother also informs the nurse that their family has a history of anemia. With the family history of anemia, it appears that this is the likely diagnosis. However, in order to properly diagnose and treat the patient, not only must her symptoms and family history be considered, but also factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. This poses the question: How do patient factors impact the incidence and prevalence of different types of anemia? Blood Disorders: Anemia Essay.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
· Review Chapter 20 in the Huether and McCance text. Reflect on the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia.
· Select one of the following types of anemia: pernicious anemia, folate deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, chronic inflammation anemia, or post-hemorrhagic anemia. Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of the anemia you selected. Blood Disorders: Anemia Essay.
· Consider the similarities and differences between iron deficiency anemia and the type of anemia you selected.
· Reflect on how patient factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact these anemic disorders.
By Day 3 of Blood Disorders: Anemia
Post an explanation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia and the anemia you selected. Compare these two types of anemia, as well as their potential causes. Finally, explain how genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact the anemic disorders you selected. Blood Disorders: Anemia Essay.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6 of Blood Disorders: Anemia
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected different types of anemia than you, in the following ways:
· Share insights on how the anemia you selected is similar to or different from the one your colleague selected.
· Discuss how genetic, gender, ethnic, age, and behavioral factors impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for anemic patients.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message. Blood Disorders: Anemia Essay.