Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
Choosing the Right Job Paper- PSY 215 WEEK 5
Read the Job Choice Scenario.
Write a 350- to 700-word paper answering the following questions:
What are the advantages and disadvantages for each job listed in the scenario?Which job would you choose in this scenario? Why?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM -FREE
ORDER A PLAGIARISM -FREE
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Choosing the Right Job Paper assignment.Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
It’s always exciting when you have job options to choose from, even though it can be stressful to decide which position to accept. As the job market shifts to a “candidate-driven” atmosphere, you could find yourself in a position to be selective about your next job. Job seekers who are in high-demand fields and employees who have a strong track record of career success are often in the enviable position of being able to choose their next job from multiple opportunities. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
If you have the right skill set and experience, you can afford to be picky. You will be able to leverage your advantage to land a job that’s closest to your ideal position. You’ll also be able to choose a job which is the best fit for your personal circumstances and career goals.
You don’t have to take the first job offer you get, unless you’re sure it’s the perfect position for the next stage of your career. Rather, take your time and make sure your next job is exactly what you’re looking for. Here’s how to optimize your chances of choosing the best possible job when you have the upper hand. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
10 Tips for Choosing a Job in a Job Seeker’s Market
1. Stay in job search mode. Keep yourself in “continuous job search mode” so you’re ready for opportunities as they arise. Keep all your job search documents up to date, especially your LinkedIn profile. Document your successes in your current job on at least a monthly basis and incorporate them into your resume. If your skills are in high demand, employers will often come after you, so be ready to respond to appealing options. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
2. Create a profile of your ideal job and employer. This will help you to identify attractive positions and pass on other jobs that you don’t think would be a good fit. Consider what type of employer would be perfect for your personality and work style. To do this, think about the elements of your current and past jobs that you have enjoyed the most and write them down. Ask yourself: Which activities are most satisfying about your current job? What might you like to avoid in your next job? What do you want in terms of work-life balance? Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
What is your ideal company culture? Which jobs would be most satisfying for you to work at?
3. What else would you like in a job? You should also consider what might be missing from your current job. For example, if you enjoy planning events, are you doing enough event planning in your current role? Perhaps your current job offers insufficient opportunities for advancement, or your boss is too autocratic and you’d like more freedom to make decisions and plan your workflow.
4. Consider your perfect job. Take some online career assessments to help you to identify other values, interests, or personality traits that you might want to tap in your ideal job. You might also want to enlist the help of a career counselor if you are struggling to identify key aspects of your ideal career. If you have a dream company you’d love to work for, now might be the time to connect with them. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
5. Know your worth. One of the advantages of being in high demand is the opportunity to upgrade your compensation. Research the going rate for your job through salary sources online, surveys by your professional organization, and informal networking with fellow professionals. Review these tips for determining how much you’re worth. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
6. Do you want more money? If you think you should be making more, consider asking for a raise or target other jobs that have higher compensation. Many employers will match an offer from another organization. In some cases, a competing offer or changing jobs may be the only way to secure a substantial increase in pay. Be careful that you don’t issue an ultimatum to your current employer if you aren’t ready to change jobs. You don’t want to lose the job you have before you’re ready to move on. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
7. Get more skills. If the next job you’d love to have requires skills or knowledge that you don’t fully possess, or you want to expand your current responsibilities into new areas, explore whether you can incorporate or build upon these skills in your position. Your employer may be more flexible than you think in modifying your job if you are a highly valued employee, and they don’t want to lose you.
Also, investigate classes and training opportunities to acquire the right background for your next job. Your employer might even agree to pay. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
8. Help recruiters find you. When there are worker shortages, employers become more proactive in recruiting passive candidates. They will be more likely to utilize search firms to fish for candidates and mine prospects from LinkedIn. Consider utilizing a recruiter to help you find your ideal job, but make sure that you don’t let them redefine your goals to meet the supply of jobs that they are promoting. Develop a complete LinkedIn profile, keep it up to date, and your next job might find you before you find it. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
9. It’s okay to say, “No thanks.” Don’t be afraid to turn down a job offer that seems less than ideal. If you are in high demand, other offers will come your way. You might be better off staying in your current job until you find something very appealing. Excessive job hopping can be a red flag on a resume, even for workers in high demand. Here’s how to turn down a job offer. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
10. Tap your connections. Reach out to contacts for information, advice, and suggestions about jobs. Share your profile for an ideal job and ask them to recommend positions within their sector. During worker shortages, companies often pay employees a bonus for candidate referrals; recommendations from current staff are usually given careful consideration under any circumstances. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
How to Decide Which Job to Take
It can actually be harder to make a decision when you have more jobs to choose from. You may have to juggle multiple job offers, which can be stressful. Take the time to evaluate each offer and to carefully compare employee benefit packages. It’s not all about the money – the benefits and perks you’re being offered are important too, and some perks can be negotiated in a job offer. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper
When you’re job hunting in a buyer’s market, you’re in the driver’s seat, and you can pick and choose between jobs to find the one that’s the best match. Don’t rush into a decision. Take the time to carefully consider all options. Forget about the ones you didn’t take once your decision is made; instead, focus on the future and get ready to start your new job. Buy Choosing the Right Job Assignment Paper