Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
Objective: to evaluate personal nutrient/diet and use informatics principles and technology to collect and analyze data.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
Description: for this assignment you will examine three days of your eating and drinking identifying the caloric value for each food and drink item you consume. Additionally, you will list the carbohydrate, fat (total fat, saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat and trans fat) and proteins measured in grams. Also, you will need to include the total grams of fiber.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
After recording all of the food and beverages you ate for the three days and after recording the nutrient value of your food analysis, you will be required to assess whether your current diet is adequate, too much, or deficient in meeting your total energy and macronutrient needs. You can use the link here to estimate your daily caloric need https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx.
You will be required to create a free account. After your account set up, will be able to obtain your daily caloric needs as well as your Body Mass Index (BMI). You will compare your caloric intake for the three days to the total energy need you identified after setting up your account on the Supertracker website. Does your daily caloric intake for the three days meet your required needs?
Note: you must select days in which you consumed food. It is not acceptable to submit a diary that shows you did not eat or drink anything for the day. Please choose a typical day for you.
Your completed assignment should include the following:
1. Your calculated daily caloric intake obtained from the link provided above
2. List of your typical food intake for three days; preferable from a weekday and weekend.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
3. Analysis of the nutrient value of your food intake- to include macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, proteins), micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), fiber.
4. Describe how you can address any deficiencies or excesses from your nutrient analysis.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE
a. If your current dietary practices perfectly address your needs, explain how you achieve this goal.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
5. Explain any health consequences that may be of concern if you continue with your current dietary practices.
6. A concluding paragraph to summarize your key points.
Note: Attached is a link to the Recommended daily Nutrient intake (RDA). Please use the RDA to examine if you are meeting your daily-recommended intake for micro nutrients.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study
· RDAs https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK56068/table/summarytables.t2/?report=objectonly
For this assignment you will be required to provide at least three pages minimum. Use the following format: 12-font size, double spaced, and Times Roman font style. Also attach a copy of your nutrient analysis to the assignment.Diet Analysis Assignment Case Study