Discuss the Proximity Effect Essay.
Assignment: Discuss the proximity effect
18. A phenomenon called ________________ refers to how repeated exposure to a stimulus tends to increase peoples liking for it.Discuss the Proximity Effect Essay.
ORDER A PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER HERE
a. the proximity effect
b. redundant attraction
c. the mere exposure effect
d. repetitive affiliation
19. A couple has been together for several years and they are now deciding whether to end their
relationship. Based on John Thibaut and Harold Kelleys (1967) social exchange theory, one of the primary factors that will affect their decision is:
a. the amount of personal self-disclosure that takes place in their relationship.
b. their mate preference patterns, which are the product of learning and culturally defined roles.
c. the relative rewards and costs that they experience when in the relationship.
d. their mate preference patterns, which have been shaped by evolutionary forces.
20. The text makes an important distinction between ____________, which refers to a negative attitude toward people based on their membership in a group, and ____________, which is concerned with actually treating people unfairly based on their group membership.Discuss the Proximity Effect Essay.
a. attribution; stereotype
b. stereotype; prejudice
c. prejudice; discrimination
d. prejudice; stereotype
21. The implicit association test is used specifically to assess:
a. self-reported prejudice.
b. the amount of stereotype threat.
c. the physiological arousal associated with prejudice.
d. covert prejudice
22. The tendency to prefer people in a group to which we belong and to attribute more positive qualities to people in this group is called:
b. group polarization.
c. in-group favoritism.
23. An inherited characteristic that produces a particular response when an organism is exposed to a particular stimulus and is common to all members of a species is called a(n):
24. According to Clark Hulls drive theory of motivation, various drives are produced:
a. by specific instincts that are common to both humans and animals.
b. when our growth needs are not being met.
c. when we value a goal and expect that certain behaviors will lead to its accomplishment.Discuss the Proximity Effect Essay.
d. when there is a physiological disruption of homeostasis.
25. One potential criticism of Abraham Maslows need hierarchy is that people may still pursue their need for ___________, even when presumably lower needs, such as the need for _____________, have not yet
been satisfied or met.
a. security; love and affiliation
b. esteem and the respect of others; self-actualization
c. food and water; security
d. love and affiliation; security.Discuss the Proximity Effect Essay.