Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person Essay Paper
Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person. The purpose of this assignment is to develop an understanding of an elderly person’s experiences with health and aging, as well as health care. The interviewee must be at least 65 years of age. Please ask the interviewee to answer the questions below as appropriately as possible. Some may not apply. You can ask additional questions you find to be relevant. You will probably have to expound on what chronic and acute diseases entail. When you have completed your interview, summarize your findings in a double-spaced, 3-4 page typed essay with 12 point font and one-inch margins.Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person Essay Paper
ORDER A PLAGIARISM- FREE PAPER NOW
Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person
1. Tell me about your background with regard to your health. Did you face any health problems as a child or throughout adulthood? If so, what were they?
2. How do you rate your health at this point in your life? Would you say it is excellent, good, fair, poor, etc.? Why?
3. What changes have you noticed in bodily systems and processes as you age? Expound on these changes.
4. Have you encountered any sensory changes with regard to vision, hearing, smell, taste, and touch?Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person Essay Paper
5. Have you experienced any acute diseases over the last few years? If so, what were they?
6. What chronic diseases are you currently experiencing and living with? Tell me more about them.
7. What have your recent experiences been like with regard to driving? What advice might you provide to older drivers based on your experiences?
8. With regard to physical activity, do you exercise regularly? What is the extent of exercise or physical activity in your life?
9. Regarding nutrition and meals, do you cook regularly? Do you eat out often? Do you have meals delivered? Do you rely on frozen and convenience foods?
10. How many prescription medications would you say you take daily? Taking multiple medications or a plethora of them is considered “polypharmacy.” Have you ever experienced any drug interactions?Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person Essay Paper
11. What type of health insurance coverage do you have? Do you have Medicare and a Medicare supplement? Tell me about your health insurance coverage.
12. Do you find your health insurance coverage to be adequate or are there a lot of gaps in what it covers where you have to pay substantial costs out-of-pocket?
13. Have you had any recent emergency room visits or hospital stays? If so, tell me about them.
14. Have you ever resided in a nursing home for any length of time (i.e., for skilled nursing care, rehabilitation, respite care)? If so, please expound on your nursing home stay. Health and Aging – Interview of an Elderly Person Essay Paper