NURS 6531 Primary Care of Adults Across the Lifespan Week 6 Quiz Answers
1. An 80-year-old male admits to difficulty swallowing during the review of systems. The nurse practitioner recognizes the differential diagnosis for this patient’s dysphagia is:
2. Which of the following describes a third degree internal hemorrhoid?
3. A 65-year-old female with a past medical history of hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and polymyalgia rheumatica presents to urgent care with new onset left lower quadrant pain. Her current medications include omeprazole 20 milligrams po daily, lisinopril 20 milligrams po daily, simvastatin 20 milligrams po daily, and prednisone 12 milligrams po daily. The nurse practitioner suspects acute diverticulitis and possibly an abscess. The most appropriate diagnostic test for this patient at this time is:
BUY A CUSTOM WRITTEN PAPER NOW
4. A 76-year-old male complains of weight loss, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping and pain. Physical findings include an abdominal mass and stool positive for occult blood. NURS 6531 Primary Care of Adults Across the Lifespan Week 6 Quiz Answers. The nurse practitioner pain suspects a tumor in the small intestine. The best diagnostic test for this patient is:
5. Potential causes of diarrhea include which of the following:
6. Which of the following disorders is associated with obesity, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia?
7. An 83-year-old female presents to the office complaining of diarrhea for several days. She explains she has even had fecal incontinence one time. She describes loose stools 3–4 times a day for several weeks and denies fever, chills, pain, recent antibiotic use. The history suggests that the patient has:
8. A 33-year-old female is admitted with acute pancreatitis. The nurse practitioner knows that the most common cause of pancreatitis is:
9. Treatment of H.pylori includes which of the following?
10. A 58-year-old man is diagnosed with Barrett’s esophagus after an endoscopy. He has no known allergies. Which of the following medications is MOST appropriate to treat this patient’s disorder? NURS 6531 Primary Care of Adults Across the Lifespan Week 6 Quiz Answers.
What Doctors Arent Always Taught: How to Spot Racism in Health Care
Betial Asmerom, a fourth-year medical student at the University of California-San Diego, didn’t have the slightest interest